Tumas Gaming operates the Casino Division within the Tumas Group. Since its humble origins in 1998, the Qawra Oracle Casino has expanded to include Portomaso Casino, which opened in June 2006. It is the only multi-casino operator on the island, featuring a wide variety of live gaming tables and 200 tops of the range slot machines. In all, Tumas Gaming employs circa 300 employees and operates over 300 slot machines and 21 live gaming tables.
The Group is currently looking at recruiting a Junior Accountant on full time basis.
Main responsibilities will be assisting the accounts team with:
- Preparation of journal entries for management accounts;
- Everyday transactions and matters relating to casinos, remote gaming and gaming parlors;
- Overseeing bank-related duties like credit card transactions entry, bank reconciliations and cash-flows;
- Overseeing suppliers duties including invoice and payment posting;
- Performance of various reconciliations to GL – being sales, purchases and general ledgers;
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns;
- Liaising and supporting external auditors;
- Assisting the FM with ad-hoc duties within the finance department like:
- budgeting process
- ad hoc financial reports
- Partly qualified having started ACCA accreditation;
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience, ideally in a supervisory position;
- Good working knowledge of a recognised financial package, preferably Shireburn;
- Strong MS Excel skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Good communicator and able to work in a dynamic work environment. Good knowledge of Italian language would be deemed an asset.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise his workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Follow-up and chasing – this is of utmost importance for this position.