The potential candidate will ideally possess the following skills and qualities:
- Has a hands-on approach
- A sound background with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office applications.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environments and Active Directory.
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP network infrastructures.
- Monitor, enforce and implement security procedures with server backups.
- Has a hands-on approach with hardware, server racks and network cabling.
- Be able to handle IT projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent troubleshooting, fault-finding and problem-solving skills.
- Assist in multiple areas of technology within different departments.
- Assist with internal / external application and hardware upgrades.
- Assist with the installation and troubleshooting of workstations.
- Assist employees in the various departments with any IT queries.
- Assist the IT manager in the planning and execution of new IT projects.
- Able to create procedures and other IT related documentation, and keeping them updated.
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative.
The Palace and The Victoria Hotels