Secure Trading Financial Services Ltd (STFS), now trading as Acquiring.com, has over the past years established itself as a trusted acquirer. Licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority-MFSA-to process electronic payments across Europe and principal member of Visa and Mastercard, Acquiring.com can offer a truly end-to-end payment solution to merchants trading online. Ease of implementation and trusted advisory relationship management are at the heart of what Acquiring.com can offer to its partners.
Main purpose of the job:
- Forecast cash flow positions and ensure sufficient funds are available for ongoing settlement, operational needs and regulatory obligations;
- Overview and monitoring of multi-currency bank reconciliations;
- Assessing the likely impact of problems such as late payments, limited cash flow etc;
- FX risk management;
- Maintenance and control over intragroup funds transfer;
- Maintain banking relationships and ensure quality standards upheld by service providers;
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning;
- Support finance and operations with client settlement and queries;
- Provide support for the accounts payable / receivable functions;
- Periodic reporting internally and externally;
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities;
- Oversee the extension of credit to vendors / merchants;
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial or treasury knowledge.
Required skills, knowledge, experience and qualities
- Ability to communicate in English and via standard desktop tools;
- Ability to manipulate data using Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Experience of a Treasury function and financial reconciliations at a transactional level;
- Demonstrates an attention to detail for accuracy and completeness;
- Ability to work to strict daily deadlines, work independently and initiate process improvement;
- Knowledge of generic treasury processes;
- Conscientious, reliable, diligent and able to work unsupervised;
- A willingness to continue to develop professionally and personally;
- Keeping up-to-date with developments within the profession/industry.
- Number of card schemes supported;
- Number of Alternative Payment Methods supported;
- Number of Banking relationships supported;
- Number of incidents; including control failures;
- Authorise and execute daily processing of financial operations transactions to complete timely and accurate payments to merchants;
- Monitor and control of all daily bank reconciliations;
- Managing daily cash balances and forecasting the funding needs of the company operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor and control for reconciliations and reporting for alternative payment methods;
- Monitor and control for VISA and Mastercard reconciliations;
- forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- Liaison with Finance Operations for weekly cash calculations;
- Liaison with Finance Accounting for the accounts payable function;
- Approval of payments on Barclays.
- Escalate appropriately to Finance director to resolve issues;
- Support delivery of projects for the company;
- Provide assistance as required to support all functions within the Finance department;
- Liaising with bankers and investors and maintaining positive working relationships;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience in a Treasury department role or similar.
- Diploma in Accountancy, Banking and Finance considered as an asset.
- Positive attitude and able to perform under pressure whilst working at pace.
- Excellent reporting and excel skills.
- Have a proactive; flexible and adaptable approach.
- Experience of operating and communicating with finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Secure Trading Financial Services Ltd