RCI Insurance Ltd is a subsidiary of RCI Bank and Services, which offers a comprehensive range of financing and related services for car customers. Backed by an international network, RCI Insurance has established itself in Malta to handle business related to protection insurance from various European countries.
RCI Bank and Services, is a France-based international company that specialises in automotive financing, insurance and related activities for the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance. RCI Banque is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renault.
In order to strengthen its existing team, the Company is seeking an entry level Software Developer, with 2 or more years of professional experience in software development and software testing. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Information Officer, and will be involved in several projects. A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work collaboratively is required.
Description of Work:
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with software applications in production environments
- Preparing and performing quality assurance on the company’s software platforms; including designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating and executing test cases.
- Interact with internal customers and partners to simulate scenarios which help validate the product.
- Actively participate in the agile software development life cycle (SDLC) from design to implementation and deployment
- Develop or acquire test data and run tests in different environments or stages;
- Maintaining, logging and tracking issues and defect reports, reported against the software platforms; while communicating findings to technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Write, edit and compile application programs for computer systems;
- Writing tests that automatically ensure that the system remains reliable.
Capacity and Skills:
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment;
- Ability to develop applications in client- server environment, three-tier and distributed;
- Knowledge of data modelling procedures and techniques of object-oriented programming;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, latest .Net Framework, and other industry standard languages;
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MsSQL, and database design methods;
- Ability to gather and analyse facts, define problems and find solutions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the users of the systems and all stakeholders involved;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent English are a must for this role;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Self-motivated learner who keeps abreast of current technology.
Diploma, minimum MQF Level 4, with preference for a degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
2+ years’ experience of implementing application software using an object-oriented or functional programming language. Previous work experience in/for a financial or insurance institution will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
This is an excellent career opportunity offering a pleasant working and learning environment, in a multinational, dynamic and multicultural company, offering a competitive salary and additional benefits to the chosen candidate.
We invest in our people, not just with a pay and benefits package, but in focusing on your growth and development – we encourage innovation and sense of initiative – we celebrate success. We are an inclusive and diverse company with over 11 nationalities represented.
Full time indefinite contract
RCI Life Limited – KMP-37946