Mekanika is a leading operator in the Building and Engineering Services Industry, specialising in mechanical and electrical contracting, HVAC solutions, lifts and escalators, industrial products and facilities management. Due to further expansion, the above-mentioned career opportunity has now arisen.
The main duties & responsibilities will include:
- Negotiate with external vendors and suppliers to secure advantageous terms;
- Approve the ordering and purchasing of necessary goods and services;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness whilst building a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs;
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company;
- Monitoring stock levels against company guidelines, identifying with slow moving / aged items and seeking approval on changes to stock control guidelines;
- Ensure that all data and documentation is kept up to date and the relevant information inputted into the IT / stocks systems;
- Create, maintain and implement policies and procedures related to logistics and materials handling activities;
- Plan and implement material and equipment flow management systems to meet construction sites requirements in an effective and efficient manner;
- Direct and coordinate comprehensive logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal;
- Conduct or review environmental audits for activities such as storage, distribution, or transportation. Implement and monitor carbon or environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a higher national diploma or equivalent in supply chain management;
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Have excellent managerial and leadership skills;
- Have the ability to create and drive change within an organisation;
- Be self-motivated and proactive in fulfilling his / her duties;
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
Mekanika Limited – KMP-35986