Meeting Point Malta is a destination management company that over the years has succeeded in developing longstanding business relationships with the island’s top hospitality product and service providers. Meeting Point Malta forms part of a family of 19 DMC’s spread around the world handling more than 4 million travellers worldwide. The role of Chief Operations Officer is a key post where the selected candidate will be managing the local operations. The successful candidate will be provided with a unique opportunity to further his or her career in an innovative and dynamic organisational environment which is also expanding internationally.
- Manage the day to day entire operations network within a destination management company.
- Manage and direct the reservations team ensuring the smooth transition of client reservations and requests to the accommodation and logistics providers.
- Ensure the provision of excellent ancillary in-resort services such as land and marine excursions, entertainment, event, car-hire and VIP services.
- Ensure the provision of in-resort representation services and post visit follow ups as required.
- Liaise with the contracting, groups, MICE and key accounts departments to guarantee seamless services and support.
- Contribute to the formulation of annual budgets and their periodic revisions.
- Implement cost efficient and effective changes in work processes.
- Focus strategically to drive revenues by effective selling strategies in order to achieve budgeted targets.
- In conjunction with the HR department participates in recruitment, training and other HR processes as required.
- Level 6 qualification or higher in Business Development / Management / Hospitality Management, a qualification in Tourism Studies will be considered an asset.
- A proven track record preferably within the hotel and tourism Industry at senior or middle managerial level.
- A sound knowledge of the local tourism scene, particularly the products, the suppliers and the people behind them.
- Knowledge and experience of the budgeting, execution, control and reporting cycle.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Excellent leadership skills to manage the employees’ work performance and create a harmonious working environment.
- Business development skills to create innovative new cultural, leisure and entertainment products.
- Ability to manage dynamic teams and work under pressure.
- Ability to motivate and engage staff members to maintain commitment to the organisation.
- Ability to use innovation and creativity to solve problems.
- Availability and commitment to a dynamic working environment that requires flexibility in working hours.
- Fluency in French and German will be considered an asset.
- Competitive salary package
- Fitness benefit allowance
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Ample parking space
- Rented car and fuel allowance
- Mobile phone and allowance
Meeting Point Malta Limited