Are you ready for a leadership role in tech? You can be the team leader of a true agile development team based in Malta.
Jollydays is the #1 experience gift company in Austria, both online and through our retail network. Jollydays was founded 15 years ago with the vision to give people just one more memory. Now, we offer more than 6,000 curated experiences to over 200,000 loyal and happy customers.
Our team is cross-functional and self-organised with offices in Vienna and Munich. We are opening an additional office in Malta as third location.
Our tech journey has taken us to the blockchain market. We work on a blockchain market place and promote decentralised principles of operation. As we continue to learn and grow, we are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code in scalable systems in the cloud, being active participants in open-source community and being the pioneers of innovation in our sector.
We are now looking for a Full Stack Developer to lead our future R&D team in Malta. This can potentially lead to a CTO position. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with our Marketing team to create an interface with a unique design.
What you will do:
- Working closely with product management for web and mobile
- Design our new technology stack as well as maintaining existing legacy system
- Build a team of 1-5 Development Engineers based in Malta
- Promote and assure engineering excellence
- Design and implement API and backend initiatives
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in software development
- Experience using databases such as MS SQL Server and MySQL
- Experience with mobile development as the platform follows a mobile first approach
- Capability to analyse and design activities so as to produce a viable system design that fits within the overall system architecture whilst addressing all the elicited requirements
- A clear and effective communicator with the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation, and other documents that may be required to support software releases
- Familiar with cloud platforms
- Positive attitude with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed team player who thrives a team even within tight deadlines
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. German is considered as advantage
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop and grow in a leadership role
- Agile and multicultural company with flat hierarchies
- Self-organised, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible working hours
Jollydays – KMP-35864