We are seeking a Pastry Chef de Partie to join our professional and driven culinary team who assumes the overall responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of his / her particular sections and that all food preparation meet the InterContinental Brand Standards.
Further duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and presenting high quality food;
- Providing supervision and support to junior members of the team;
- Assisting with food cost controls;
- Ensuring food stuff is of good quality and stored correctly;
- Assisting in the positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner;
We are inviting positive, self assured and professional persons with an approachable manner to apply for this position. You must be a committed and dedicated individual who takes pride into going above and beyond to delivering exceptional quality service.
Ideally you’ll have at least two years experience in a similar role in a well-established, demanding kitchen environment. You will also be motivated, creative and have a real passion for food. Furthermore, the ideal candidates must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A culinary qualification and basic food handling certificates;
- Experience in ice cream production is a must;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Effective communication skills;
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- The desire to learn and diversify;
- Fluency in English;
- Able to work shift duties, including evenings, weekends, and / or holidays
What Do You Get?
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work and develop with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.