The Personalisation Technician is a role that contributes to setting up, thereafter programming and optimising the personalisation systems. The role forms part of a team on one cell/line on a shift, within the PAT business unit. Working closely with the Process Manager & FLMs, providing technical support, ways of improving quality, cost and deliveries and developing personalisation queries and forecasting.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Provide and maintain personalisation printing software, programs and hardware.
- Provide Microsoft data for the shop floor using secure database interactions.
- Run and analyse the planning programme for Microsoft including forecasting for future sales.
- Set up, configure, and act as on site administrator for multiple secure numbering systems using different database structures.
- Administer and control the administration of Microsoft PID key data
- Liaise with central IS and third parties with respect to new systems and integration between different hardwares.
- Assist and work with customers on new projects, parts and products
- Support product engineers and R&D with new product introduction
- Assist and support Sales Dept, Planning and Production in any technical areas of personalisation.
- Develop new methods for efficiency gains within the production environment.
- Aid the deployment of a full scale factory ERP.
- Support Personalisation FLM with day to day activities. (e.g. Reports, production support, etc.)
Key Performance Indicators
- Attendance of self
- Reporting / resolving Safety and Security near miss reports within area
- Contribute to maintain OEE at target levels
- Personalisation and customer OTIF
- Workplace organisation standard – always tour ready
- Adhere with Operational Excellence levels achieved within area accountable of
- Continual improvement of printing and inspection hardware for increased yields
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
- Knowledge of various operating systems including legacy ones
- Knowledge and capability on object orientated languages, C# preferred
- Knowledge of .net scripting techniques
- Database knowledge, SQL minimum, other structures advantageous
- Experience setting up hardware systems and their associated software
- Knowledge of camera based inspection systems a plus
- Strong ability in mathematics
- Undergraduate in IT, Engineering or related discipline
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience integrating hardware and software
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand and manipulate data of complex numeric setup
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- Ability to ensure compliance to company procedures
- Good communicating skills
- Positive attitude with a desire to develop
- A desire to meet and exceed customer expectations in QCD
- Continuous improvement drive
- Problem Solving ability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to live by the DLR values as routine
This job description reflects immediate requirements and objectives of the post. The successful candidate will be expected to provide ongoing technical support to a growing department and as such new duties may arise as needs change.
De La Rue Currency & Security Print Limited