Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd is seeking an enthusiastic, diligent and self-driven System Admin to support and enhance our information technology systems and networks. You will provide IT solutions to ensure the continuity and efficiency of company operations.
Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd holds an investment service license in Malta that operates via the award-winning platform, Binary.com.
Launched in 2000, Binary.com is one of the oldest and most respected names in the industry. The Binary.com platform allows you to trade synthetic indices, currencies, stocks, indices, and commodities.
Binary Investments (Europe) Ltd is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
Our company is built on a culture that fosters teamwork, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
As our System Admin, you possess strong IT knowledge together with a personal sense of responsibility, ability to work independently, and a keen eye for detail.
You are a team player who is meticulous, organised, self-driven, proactive in your work.
You are smart, self-motivated, and willing to learn new things every day. You must be able to multitask and have a problem-solving mindset. You thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment, and approach even the smallest task with an open mind.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
We are looking for someone who preferable have:
- A diploma or degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or good experience in the field of IT operations/administration
- Exceptional English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting computer software, hardware, and a variety of internet applications and networks.
- Hands-on experience in systems and network security. Experience with Fortigate or similar devices (e.g.Cisco, Mikrotik)
- Knowledge of Mac or Linux technologies and associated security risks
- Knowledge of VPN concepts and prior experience of setting up site-to-site networks
- Experience with +DRAC is a plus
- Experience in ARUBA or similar enterprise WiFi AP management is a plus.
- Experience in end-user device security audit and policy implementation is a plus
- The willingness to learn new skills
The System Administration team is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of our computer software, hardware, and networks.
- Assist in the daily IT requirements of Malta office
- Plan and implement IT solutions to achieve desired results
- Keep up with the latest developments in IT and maintain knowledge relevant to the requirements of the business
- Plan and implement methods of best practices in IT security
- Review and maintain third-party services used by the company
- Recommend alternatives to redundant or obsolete systems
- Manage and maintain all software, hardware, and associated peripherals including printers, copiers, and phones
- Manage IT assets and maintain an up-to-date asset registry
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure purchases are made at the most cost-efficient rate
- Prepare and present proposals for the provisioning of IT-related systems and services
- Provide onsite support to all employees with the necessary hardware and software required for their jobs
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits. You will also receive travel and Internet allowances, and enjoy a casual dress code and flexi hours.
This role is based at our headquarters in Msida.
Binary Limited – KMP-35991