The combined position of kitchen assistant and general cleaner (Pantry Hand) consists of keeping premises in clean and orderly condition and perform cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, removing rubbish and performing routine maintenance activities, cleaning all outside areas and notifying management of need for any repairs. The position calls for duties in the kitchen and maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen and all dish washing duties within the pantry. The position includes performing any combination of cleaning duties to maintain the restaurant and halls in a clean and orderly manner.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them;
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees;
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures;
- Gather and empty rubbish;
- Mix water and detergents or cleaning materials in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications;
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created;
- Notify owners and managers concerning the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems;
- Requisition of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties;
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms;
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies;
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met;
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers;
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment;
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other waste to disposal areas;
- Hang draperies and dust window blinds;
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy;
- Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items;
- Sweep, scrub, wax, or polish floors, using brooms, mops, or powered scrubbing and waxing machines;
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary;
- Duties in the kitchen and maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen and all dish washing duties within the pantry
Qualifications & requirements
- Good educational background with the ability to read and write in English and Maltese;
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to actively look for ways to help people, and to manage one’s own time.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations;
- Self-control — job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations;
- Cooperation — job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude;
- Attention to detail — job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks;
- Concern for others — job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job;
- Integrity — job requires being honest and ethical.
Lines of communication
- Reporting directly to management.
- This is a full-time position and is based on two shifts either day or evening.
If you are ready for success, with the opportunity to grow, it is best to work for a company that is prepared to encourage your knowledge and talent. Your dreams, your passions and your ambitions are respected and encouraged.
Bacchus – KMP-35973