Bacchus Restaurant was established in 1975 as a family concern and remains so today. A large, long established restaurant within the fortifications of Mdina, Bacchus covers almost all requirements. At Bacchus we are as committed to our own staff as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their efforts. We strive to inspire people to perform better, to own and engage and to grow with us.
We are seeking to recruit a Cook to work in line with the company’s business strategy.
The position of line cook consists of managing the daily preparation of food items for a station or a specific area in a kitchen and cooking and plating all food orders in an efficient, healthful and attractive manner.
- Present food using proper plate presentation techniques;
- Coordinate completion of menu items with server;
- Prepare work checklist and organize work stations for each shift;
- Check and maintain coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food;
- Requisition of food with necessary approvals according to policy;
- Take proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment;
- Work in a team-oriented environment and under demanding conditions;
- Help train or offer direction to apprentice or extern chefs;
- Prepare stocks, soups, cold soups, sauces, bisques or mayonnaise for serving;
- Prepare and cook meat, poultry, fish and sea food;
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions, to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self-control — job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Attention to detail — job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress tolerance — job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
To Liaise With:
- Management: management, other Sous Chefs on daily operational matters
- Staff: chefs, other food preparation employees, waiters and cleaners
- The position is full-time and shifts may vary between lunch and dinner
If you are ready for success, with the opportunity to grow, it is best to work for a company that is prepared to encourage your knowledge and talent. Your dreams, your passions and your ambitions are respected and encouraged.
Bacchus – KMP-35969