Bacchus Restaurant was established in 1975 as a family concern and remains so today. A large, long established restaurant within the fortifications of Mdina, Bacchus covers almost all requirements. At Bacchus we are as committed to our own staff as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their efforts. We strive to inspire people to perform better, to own and engage and to grow with us.
We are seeking to recruit a Food and Beverage Attendant by performing in line with the company’s business strategy.
The position of Food and Beverage attendant consists of taking orders and serving food and beverages to patrons at tables or at the bars in dining establishment.
- To take food and beverage orders.
- Collect money for drinks served;
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons;
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and act to correct any problems;
- Collect payments from customers;
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request;
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required;
- To prepare the daily the restaurant preparation, mise-en-place, laying of table, cleanliness and the availability of chinaware, crockery, cutlery and glasses;
- Personal cleanliness and appearance of everyone; this includes women to be well groomed and men to be clean shaven.
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- Secondary level of education or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to actively look for ways to help people, and to be aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- The position is full-time and shifts may vary between lunch and dinner;
- The position may also be offered on a part time basis and shifts may vary between lunch and dinner.
- Dependability — job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations;
- Cooperation — job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude;
- Self-control — job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations;
- Stress tolerance — job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations;
- Attention to detail — job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Lines of communication
- Reports directly to Supervisors
If you are ready for success, with the opportunity to grow, it is best to work for a company that is prepared to encourage your knowledge and talent. Your dreams, your passions and your ambitions are respected and encouraged.
Bacchus – KMP-35972