A position within the AquaBioTech Group has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work as a Quality Assurance Assistant on a variety of quality control tasks within the Group’s diverse portfolio. These tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the general QA and QC activities of the Quality Department, such as document management, reviews, writing, maintaining up-to-date SOPs etc.
- Checking and keeping up-to-date qualification and validation records.
- Administrating internal self-checks, reporting and monitoring that the corrective actions are completed.
- Training monitoring and record keeping.
- Designing of labels.
- Assisting the supervisor with any other quality activities, as required e.g. ISO 9001.
Reporting directly to the QA/QC Manager, the position is demanding requiring a person who is highly motivated, methodical, detail-oriented and organised. They must possess diplomatic, analytic and communication skills as well as be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multifunctional tasks, and in conjunction with a team of international staff.
The successful candidate will have at least a BSc degree in biotechnology, biology, chemistry, or related scientific field, with preferably a M.Sc. in the aforementioned fields. The selected candidate is likely to have previous experience in auditing in a Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and / or Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment and experience in the planning, conducting and reporting of study and facility inspections. The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently. Knowledge of any other languages would be considered an asset, although not essential. The selected candidate must have a clear EU passport with no travel restrictions or legal convictions and be in possession of a clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package, if required.
AquaBioTech Group – KMP-37988