Malta’s fastest-growing PropTech start-up Zzzing is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join their dynamic team of experts.
About the Role
Based at our headquarters in the Maltese islands, our selected talent will join our agile tech team to build innovative technologies that are revolutionising the hospitality and vacation rental management space. You will collaborate closely with different stakeholders to design, develop and maintain our Java-based platform, and the applications that reside on and integrate into it. Working closely with the CTO, and with your expertise and experience in engineering solutions for complex problems, you will help shape the future of our tech-driven brand, continuously raise the bar, and set new milestones in this fast-growing industry.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to contribute toward the delivery of high-quality software
- Lead by example, championing best engineering practices
- Evaluate and provide feedback on emerging technologies to determine potential benefits and business value
- Leverage your experience in driving, influencing, and/or collaborating on continuous improvements within your team and across the department
- You have 4+ years of experience in a similar role, working on different software projects and you are keen on sharing the lessons you learnt with your fellow engineers
- You have a well-rounded knowledge of current technologies and engineering practices, and you keep up to date with the latest developments
- You have extensive knowledge of relevant technologies; you are an expert in front-end technologies like Angular, React JS, and CSS3, and you are comfortable with server-side / backend technologies, particularly Java 8/11, Spring and/or Micronaut, Hibernate and/or JOOQ
- You are familiar with microservices and tools associated with such an architecture – Kubernetes, Docker, Hazelcast, Spring Boot, Kafka, Zookeeper, Consul, HTTP/2 etc.
- Knowledge and experience in mobile app development technologies, such as Ionic Framework, React Native, Flutter, etc. is considered as an asset
- You are an active practitioner of test-driven development using JUnit, Mockito (or similar)
- You are familiar with CI/CD and automation tools such as Jenkins
- You have knowledge of Linux systems
This is our wish-list of the skills and experience a top contender for this position will have however, individuals who do not tick all the boxes are still encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in both Maltese and English
- You have a delivery mindset; you set high standards for yourself in your work but are pragmatic and able to balance the various constraints involved in delivering software to produce satisfactory results in a timely fashion
- You bring a can-do attitude; you can think independently, take initiative, and take ownership and pride in your work
- You can effectively communicate ideas with technical or non-technical stakeholders
- You embrace core Agile values and you have a strong team spirit
- Flexible working arrangements – including flexible hours and remote working
- Collaborate with industry-leading technology experts
- Participation in Zzzing’s employee incentive program
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we’re committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Zzzing Ltd – KMP-64581