- Planning and implementing operational projects to enhance the reliability, capacity and availability of IT services and to maintain business continuity.
- Implementing performance and logical enhancements to OS, middleware, applications and integration layers.
- Troubleshooting, prioritising and performing post-mortem analysis on issues / faults for root cause identification and correction.
- Performing black / grey-box testing to identify and escalate bugs to the internal software development team or third parties
- Implementing any necessary workaround solutions until official patches are released and tested.
- Manage and maintain all the necessary environments required for the life cycle of every application, mainly development, UAT and production environments.
- Researching, test and becoming a reference point on new / current technologies including operating systems, middleware and high availability.
- Automation of monitoring / alarming for all key / critical components including usage, health and end-to-end availability KPIs.
- Implementing and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures including backup / restore and OS / application cluster failover troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting IT Services infrastructure throughout its lifecycle and planning for replacements prior to EOL (end-of-life).
- 24/7 on-call responsibilities (roster based among team members).
Supply Chain Management:
- Help to identify and evaluate upgrades and new products, systems and solutions as necessary from time to time within the area of responsibility.
- Handling of simultaneous technical projects and project management as may be required.
- Participating or providing support to internal or external cross-functional teams.
- Liaise with customer touch points on quality issues.
- Participate in technical decisions within engineering and operations and to a lesser extent on marketing decisions related to user experience of new products, services or promotions
- Contributes to the overall perceived customer service experience
- Help and behave adequately as a team player in the section
- B.Sc. ICT or B.Eng.(Hons.) university degree or equivalent. IT relevant degree.
- Experience in maintaining different Operating Systems including Windows Server and Linux (mainly Oracle Linux and Ubuntu).
- Working knowledge of Oracle / MySQL / MS-SQL schema administration will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of PL / SQL will be considered an asset.
- Java/C development will be considered an asset.
- Must have very good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with flexibility in order to deliver on project requirements.
Vodafone Malta Limited – KMP-38953