Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We are looking for an Android developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our Agile team of talented developers and engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Your primary focus will be development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- The Android Software Developer is responsible for creating prototypes, designing, building and maintaining Android software.
- This role is responsible for unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- This role is responsible for collaborating with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
Credentials & Experience
- Two years of work experience in Android software development in Java or Kotlin language.
- Experience in designing and developing scalable software with high standard of software programming techniques and unit test coverage.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development and security.
- Web services and XML / JSON / REST connectivity / consumption, and local storage / databases knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Knowledge of Android SDK versions and compatibility standards.
- Experience with single sign-on and tokens and biometric authentication.
- Experience working with agile or iterative methodologies preferred.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Vodafone Malta Limited – KMP-52053