VJ Salomone Pharma is a specialist in logistics, distribution and marketing of pharmaceuticals and healthcare related products, representing some of the world’s leading Companies. As part of our expansion and development programme, the Company is seeking to recruit a full-time Medical Representative.
This position calls for a highly motivated and ambitious individual who is ready to work in a dynamic atmosphere and meet the challenges of a rewarding job. The successful applicant will join an established team of medical representatives who promote a range of pharmaceutical products and medical devices to healthcare professionals. The main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create sales plans and objectives;
- Evaluate market to identify products that work with the right customers and retail chains;
- Maintain existing accounts as well as generate new accounts and maintain detailed records and reports;
- Expands customer base and develops new leads and businesses;
- Develop a sales plan based on each customer needs, expand product selection and/or introduce new products;
- Coordinate new product introductions with distributor representatives and key accounts;
- Gather competitive marketplace information on pricing, new/existing products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques etc and make recommendations accordingly;
- Generate sales opportunities through referrals, emails, social media, and networking;
- Provides extensive customer contact with doctors via in-person meetings, calls, emails etc;
- Arranges, coordinates and conducts customer demonstrations and presentations to healthcare representatives;
- Work on online Marketing for our brands.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a Pharmacy or Science degree;
- Be sales oriented and able to work on his/her own initiative;
- Possess excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills;
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to effectively execute sales and marketing plans;
- Have experience in implementing distribution sales strategies, product marketing, developing sales channels, sales product launches, face-to-face sales and business development, or a willingness to learn;
- Hold a valid driving licence;
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in the medical or pharmaceutical industry.
VJ Salomone Pharma – KMP-54263