V.J. Salomone Consumer Lines Limited forms part of V.J. Salomone Group of Companies established since 1920. We are a leading importation and distribution company, representing a number of world-renowned international brands in the fast-moving consumer goods business.
An opportunity has arisen for a forward thinking, proactive individual to join our team in the role of Personal Assistant to the Executive Director.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the selected candidate will provide PA support to the Executive Director, as well as administration duties as required. This includes producing engaging presentations, management reports for board and management meetings, recording and sharing accurate minutes, responsibility for maintaining office stationery, and handling the Executive Director’s office. You will also undertake complex diary management and assistive duties as shall be required by the Executive Director.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
- Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation.
- Organising events and conferences.
- Reminding the Executive Director of important tasks and deadlines.
- Word processing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence.
- Managing databases and filing systems.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures / administrative systems.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Collating and filing expenses.
- Conducting research on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Organising the Executive Directors personal commitments.
Education, work experience and skills
The ideal candidate will have experience of working as a Personal Assistant to a Director or Manager, providing high level administration reports including diary management. You will be well practiced in working to strict deadlines whilst maintaining high quality, with the relevant IT skills, including word processing and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages. The creation of well written and designed documents and presentations is essential.
Applicants must possess the following abilities:
- Discrete and trustworthy.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Possesses excellent oral and written English and Maltese communication skills.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- The ability to be proactive and take on initiative.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an identical or similar role.
- Experience within the consumer goods sector will be considered an asset.
- Be hands-on and practises a can-do attitude.
- Budgeting and project management skills.
- Whilst not essential, preference will be given to applicants in possession of a recognised qualification and be in possession of a valid and clean driving licence.
In return we are offering:
- An above average remuneration package.
- Mobile phone.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Health insurance cover.
If you feel you possess the above qualities, experience and skills, we are interested to hear from you.
VJ Salomone Consumer Lines Limited – KMP-55381