Vista Global, the global business aviation group, integrates a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light services to cover all aspects of business aviation, through its brands. The group’s mission is to lead the change to provide customers with the most advanced flying services and the very best value, anytime, anywhere around the world.
We are looking for a professional with exposure to EMEA VAT to join our team in a newly created role, to be based in either our London, or Malta office.
- Overseeing VAT compliance and reporting, ensuring that it is completed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support with the multijurisdictional VAT review and registration process;
- Analysis and review of accounting data;
- Reconciliation of VAT GL accounts including identifying and explaining variances and recommending corrective actions;
- Review of invoices from VAT perspective and identifying improvements needed;
- Support with implementing VAT controls and identifying opportunities to make improvements, secure efficiencies and enhance compliance;
- Producing written materials / process notes for the tax and finance team on VAT procedures;
- Support with import VAT and duties on global imports;
- Providing solutions to a variety of VAT issues;
- Support team with VAT audits from tax authorities;
- Managing internal relations and working closely with internal and external stakeholders;
- To assist with implementation and the integration of indirect tax related software solutions;
- Identifying potential tax planning opportunities for discussion with tax team.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- EU and / or UK VAT experience gained in either in-house or through a professional firm;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand processes and systems;
- Understanding of or practical experience with VAT laws in EU countries;
- VAT system implementation experience desirable;
- Diligent, motivated and a team player.
VistaJet Limited – 2023-3360