VistaJet, the world’s first and only global aviation company, is looking for a Group Consolidation Accountant to join its team in Malta.
You will report to the Group Consolidation Manager.
- Gaining a full understanding of the group’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting processes;
- Running monthly consolidations and sub-consolidations in SAP FC, reviewing inter-company balances, assisting the entity Accountants in resolving and correcting inter-company differences, processing journals and ensuring adequate back-up is provided;
- Preparing accurate monthly consolidated management accounts whilst ensuring that the internal and external reporting deadlines are met;
- Analysing monthly consolidated results and providing supporting information for internal and external review purposes;
- Uploading of reporting packages of subsidiaries;
- Supporting financial Accountants in the preparation of movement schedules of entities within the group;
- Assisting the group’s external auditors with the annual audit of consolidated financial figures by providing supporting information;
- Assisting in the preparation the year-end consolidated financial statements and notes to the financial statements in accordance with IFRS;
- Preparing ad-hoc reports as necessary and developing the financial reporting process through the effective use of available tools;
- Contributing to the enhancement of quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the group financial reporting processes;
- Assisting in the preparation of accounting memos setting out the group’s choice of accounting treatment and supporting such choices in accordance with IFRS.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- A determined and focussed team player that takes responsibility for the work assigned to them in line with the group financial reporting calendar and group reporting procedures to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting;
- Must have proven experience of working on group consolidated accounts within an international group of companies, preferably having worked with SAP accounting systems;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel);
- Must possess an accountancy qualification (ACCA, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with a strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Must be a strong communicator (both oral and written) and be proficient at interpreting and communicating technical accounting issues;
- Must have an inquisitive and analytical mindset and be able to understand the commercial and operational side of the business and relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are being reported;
- Must be self-motivated and flexible with a can-do attitude and capable of working under pressure and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
VistaJet Limited – KMP-62543