About the Company:
Vella Falzon Building Supplies Ltd is a leading importation and distribution company and the local representative of some of the world’s leading brands in the hardware, tiling, furniture, bathroom and sanitaryware sectors. A natural extension to the Company’s core business is the Projects Department, with the Company providing complete turnkey solutions to several prestigious projects both residential and of a commercial nature. As part of our continued growth strategy, we are currently seeking an HR & Payroll Executive to take care of all the company’s HR requirements.
About the Role
We are looking for a calm, organised person, having sound knowledge of HR functions but who is also willing to learn and develop further a career in HR, to help set up and take ownership of the HR section within the company. The prospective candidate is expected to manage the personnel recruitment process, performance management and employee relation functions while supporting the business sections within the company and providing support in the day-to-day administration duties within the HR function.
- Take ownership of the entire employee recruitment process, including creating effective job adverts, liaising with recruitment agencies and in-house marketing section, shortlisting, interviewing, and recruiting potential candidates.
- Prepare various HR related documentation, liaise with employment institutions, maintain employment files and payroll information and ensure that accurate data records are kept and that these comply with the relevant HR policies.
- Provide advice to employees and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist Management with the performance management process and support the personal and professional development of employees at all levels.
- Effectively coordinate and perform the payroll function, including processing, preparing and submitting changes in the payroll (ex. new starters, leavers, salary increases, statutory maternity pay, bonuses, commissions, timesheets, tax and social contributions).
- Ensure that payments made are in line with legal requirements (ie. according to employment and IRD regulations).
- Compile HR and Payroll related reports and other statistical reports for review and analysis by management.
- Come up with creative HR initiatives to motivate and further enhance employees’ well-being.
- Carry out any other duties within the HR function as directed by management.
- Previous work experience in an HR role is a must, an HR related qualification is considered an asset.
- Previous work experience using payroll software, preferably Indigo.
- Be knowledgeable on employment law in Malta.
- Ability to manage multiple HR related activities in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Maltese is a must.
- Attention to detail, good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Be a team player and have a positive attitude towards work.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision.
- A fast learner who can keep calm under pressure.
- Capable of using Microsoft Office tools.
Vella Falzon Building Supplies Ltd – KMP-64766