The job position is an integral part of the Human Resources department, predominantly on the payroll function and is to provide a high-quality level of support to all Company Team Members by also contributing towards the long term development of the entire Human Resources function.
The selected candidate will directly report to the Group Human Resources Manager, duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring accuracy of payroll records by maintaining the company employees’ database;
- Address employees’ payslip related queries and provide accurate information;
- Keeping up-to-date records on leave entitlements, sick leave and other reports pertaining to employees;
- Checking and inputting of timesheets;
- Preparing payroll records in a timely fashion;
- Proactively, work closely with the entire HR team;
- Ensuring accuracy and compliance with local legislation, company policies and agreements, while maintaining precise and complete data at all times;
- Administration and monitoring of the electronic timekeeping system;
- Generating accurate reports for management purposes;
- Assist the HR Function with general administrative work as required from time to time and as assigned by the direct reporting line.
The selected candidate must:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience of payroll processing;
- Knowledge of payroll related legal provisions;
- Ideally proficient user of Dakar payroll software;
- Be proficient in MS applications (particularly MS Excel);
- Be deadline-oriented and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Be proficient in writing and speaking English;
- Be accurate, organized, flexible and self-motivated;
- Possess the ability to integrate and work well in a team environment.
Candidates will be requested to produce favourable reference letters when requested by the Recruitment Selection Board.
Valhmor Borg Import / Export Ltd – KMP/HR/05/21/01