We are seeking to employ part-time domestic helpers to work in our residential homes. If you have an aptitude for working in a children’s residential setting please contact us. A child care qualification or experience as a volunteer in our Homes, or previous experience working with children will be considered an asset. Proficiency in Maltese and English are necessary.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Sisters caring for the children in our Residential Homes in all the necessary tasks pertaining to the care of children and housekeeping duties. They will be supervised at all times by the Home Manager and Sisters.
Key responsibilities and General Tasks:
- They will support the Sisters by following the tasks delegated to them.
- They will adhere at all times to policies and procedures, work ethically and foster the values of the Home, thus helping to deliver a high quality of care.
- They will attend training provided by the Ursuline Sisters or otherwise.
- They will attend regular supervision and staff meetings as deemed necessary.
- They will help to keep order and perform the necessary household tasks as directed by the Sisters.
- They will support a culture that promotes teamwork at all times.
Basic Skills required:
- A positive outlook to life
- A can do attitude
- Team working skills
- Ability to work in a children’s environment
- Observation and listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other workers
- Basic housekeeping skills
Interested persons are to submit:
- A letter of application
- Detailed copy of their CV
- A clean police conduct (not older than 3 months)
Ursuline Homes – KMP-47112