UnionGoldenPay Ltd., also known as UNGPAY, is a financial institution established in Malta since 2016.The Company has been officially granted a License of Electronic-money Institution by Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) in 2017.
Providing compound payment solutions against solid risk management and compliance to promote global business development with innovative cross-border payment platforms. Along with developed countries continued to impose trade restrictions with sliding business and consumer confidence, China continues to enhance regional and inter-region trading and investment environment. The Chinese were increasingly keen to overseas tourism consumption and e-commerce, and the number of overseas students also continued to grow. UNGPAY aims to develop its online and offline cross-border payment services along with the growing exchanges of trade, investment and tourism between Europe and Asia.
UNGPay is seeking a senior Database Administrator with skills in PostgreSQL. The databases are hosted on a network infrastructure hosted on Microsoft Azure. The database is to be secure, highly available, distributed, robust, efficient and reliable. The database supports the underlying applications and products of a licenced FinTech services company. Compliance to industry standards and legislation like PCI DSS Level 1 and GDPR is necessary in such setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, configures, upgrades, tunes, and maintains production, development and test databases
- Implement / support log shipping
- Implement / support failover solutions
- Implement / support replication
- Performance tuning and capacity monitoring
- Data security, backup and recovery
- Disaster recovery planning
- Planning users, roles and permissions; grants / revokes security; creates application database objects (tables, indexes, views).
- Participates in application outage incidents to ensure database integrity and functionality
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of back-up jobs
- Defines and maintains database problem reporting, tracking, and resolution procedures
- Provides proactive input into design issues / constraints, performance tuning, and impact analysis of changes
- Supports, enforces and improves upon existing database development, architecture and naming standards
- Implement best practices on databases and servers
- Advise, interface and communicate with the internal development team and other internal customers
- Document processes and procedures
- Participate in migrations and upgrades
- Advise on hardware and licensing questions
- Ensure appropriate maintenance is in place including backups, index maintenance, and routine vacuuming
- Continue to learn new skills involved in being a DBA as the technology evolves
- All other duties as assigned
- Industry certification as a database administrator
- At least 3 years of experience as a database administrator, preferably on PostgreSQL
- Experience in the implementation of highly available and highly reliable databases
- Working knowledge of Unix / Linux operating systems
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and with all
- Must possess excellent communication skills for team projects and client communication
UnionGoldenPay Ltd – KMP-41565