UnionGoldenPay Ltd. is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer and MLRO for its Compliance Department.
UnionGoldenPay Ltd. also known as UNGPAY, is a Financial Institution established in Malta since 2016. The Company has been officially granted a License of Electronic-money Institution by Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) in 2017.
Providing compound payment solutions against solid risk management and compliance to promote global business development with innovative cross-border payment platforms. Along with developed countries continued to impose trade restrictions with sliding business and consumer confidence, China continues to enhance regional and inter-region trading and investment environment. The Chinese were increasingly keen to overseas tourism consumption and e-commerce, and the number of overseas students also continued to grow. UNGPAY aims to develop its online and offline cross-border payment services along with the growing exchanges of trade, investment and tourism between Europe and Asia.
- Act as main point of contact for local regulators (MFSA / FIAU) ensuring that the company is compliant with all applicable requirements;
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective systems and controls for compliance;
- Responsible for advising management on all applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards and inform them of any development in these areas;
- Responsible for establishing a compliance manual for Employees and Service Providers;
- Responsible for continual assessment of internal policies, procedures and guidelines, to identify and mitigate any deficiencies;
- Conducting regular compliance risk assessments and testing and reporting such findings to the Board of Directors;
- Present compliance reports to the Board of Directors;
- Responsible to ensure ongoing access to resources providing advance notification of regulatory developments;
- Responsible to rapidly and efficiently escalate any issue that could potentially delay progress of implementation of a specific regulatory framework;
- To maintain a tracker of all regulatory developments;
- Attend any other material matters such as liaison with the MFSA, the FIAU and service providers of the Company;
- Assist with drafting/preparation of corporate documentation such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA forms, minutes of board meetings and so on;
- Liaise directly with the Maltese Register of Companies and other national and international governmental authorities;
- Assist with reporting requirements to local and overseas regulatory authorities, including those regulating anti-money laundering procedures;
- Monitoring the day to day operation of AML and CFT policies, responding to any reasonable request made by competent authorities or law enforcement;
- Responsible for establishing the basis on which a risk based approach to AMF and CFT is put into practice and review the approach on a regular basis;
- Responsible for all the AML reporting requirements and operate within the required standards.
Education and Experience:
- The candidate has to have work experience in interacting with the MFSA officials.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in Compliance and/or AML function, preferably within the financial services/payments industry;
- Sound knowledge of local & (preferably) EU regulatory framework;
- Approved by MFSA as a Compliance officer and/or MLRO (or in a process of being approved);
- Familiarity with MFSA rules and regulations, 4th AML Directive and the FIAU’s Implementing Procedures;
- Knowledge on (and preferably experience in) FATCA and CRS;
- The ability to work as a team member and to make independent decisions;
- A recognized degree in Law will be considered an asset.
- Assertive individual able to prioritise the best interests of the business;
- Sound judgement and a pragmatic approach;
- Creative problem solver;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong relationship building skills.
UnionGoldenPay Ltd – KMP-44596