An opportunity has arisen for a full-time IT Manager who is self-motivated and dedicated to managing the IT department at Tumas Group. The selected candidate will work on a range of technologies and devices in different areas of the company and will support users in day-to-day issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage the IT team to solve daily tasks, tackle issues and develop projects.
- Discover new technologies and products to develop and improve IT systems and networks.
- Help define the IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to IT systems.
- Manage system backups and data recovery operations.
- Assist with emergency support.
- Liaise with other departments to discover ways to improve their workflows.
- Communicate and develop a good working relationship with 3rd party vendors and support specialists to obtain, implement, and maintain new solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve general issues with network devices, printers, servers, desktops, notebooks, peripherals, WiFi systems, and telephone systems.
- Install, configure, repair, upgrade, and maintain servers, desktops, laptops, etc.
- Install, update, and configure operating systems and applications.
- Provide support over internal applications and software, wireless networks, etc.
- Set up and maintain users, access permissions, mailboxes, etc.
- Engage with staff face-to-face, over the phone or email to help set up or resolve issues.
- Ensure that the IT team is working efficiently, and that work is carried out within acceptable timeframes and deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, and a minimum of three years experience in a similar position.
- Industry certifications by various vendors are a plus.
- Knowledgeable of network configuration with a strong emphasis on security.
- Experience in handling general support and maintenance on server infrastructures.
- Experience in Office 365 Administration with a particular focus on security.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of virtualised environments.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Good project management skills and strong ability to prioritise.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Capable of developing and training Junior Staff within the IT team.
- Eager to continuously learn and improve.
- Work well under pressure.
- Good time management skills and ability to manage pending tasks.
- Able to work in a team and individually with limited supervision.
- Proactive and take initiative.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Excellent command of both Maltese and English.
- Stay naturally interested to learn about the latest hardware / software technologies.
Tumas Group – KMP-75753