We are currently seeking a Payroll & Human Resources Clerk to join our team.
The ideal candidate will prepare monthly staff wages and assist with the day-to-day operations of the HR duties.
Role and responsibilities
Provide payroll services for the company which include:
- Timekeeping – ensure that all employees’ hours are complete and accurate;
- Assisting with the collection and reviewing of timesheets, overtime, allowances vacation leave and sick leave data;
- Payment processing – calculate accurately all earnings in order to issue end-of-month wages and reports in a timely manner;
- Records and reports – update payroll records, keep excellent records as these may be called upon later and prepare annual, quarterly and monthly reports;
- Taxes – calculate tax deductions, ensure that employee details are correct, keep up with all tax procedures and laws to ensure that the company is sending correct information to the IRD;
- Deal with any queries from staff regarding payroll.
Provide clerical and administrative support to the HR department with the administration duties which include
- Maintaining employees’ records up to date;
- Issuing of adverts, shortlisting candidates and following up on interviews;
- Being the first point of contact of the company administrators;
- Assist HR administrators with the preparation of work permit / visa application (new applications and renewal) and liaising with Identity Malta as required;
- Perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
(Knowledge and experience):
- Be proficient in written and verbal Maltese and English. Knowledge of Italian Language will be considered an asset;
- O’ level standard of education with a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience working in the Human Resources and Payroll department;
- Knowledge of Indigo Payroll software will be given preference;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Excel;
- Knowledge of the Maltese Employment Laws and Regulations and experience in liaising with the respective authorities.
Skills and attitude
- Be patient, diplomatic and approachable;
- Dedicated, have excellent communication skills;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Have a can-do attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- Be highly organized;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Maintain confidentiality.
Tumas Gaming – KMP-86186