We are currently seeking a Payroll and Human Resources Clerk to prepare monthly staff wages and assist with day-to-day operations of the HR duties.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide payroll services for the company which include:
- Timekeeping – ensure that all employees’ hours are complete and accurate;
- Assisting with the collection and reviewing of timesheets, overtime, allowances vacation leave and sick leave data;
- Payment processing – calculate accurately all earnings in order to issue end of month wages and reports in a timely manner;
- Records and reports – update payroll records, keep excellent records as these may be called upon later and prepare annual, quarterly and monthly reports;
- Taxes – calculate tax deductions, ensure that employee details are correct, keep up with all tax procedures and laws to ensure that the company is sending correct information to the IRD;
- Deal with any queries from staff regarding payroll.
Provide clerical and administrative support to the HR department with the administration duties which include
- Maintaining employees’ records up to date;
- Issuing of adverts, shortlisting candidates and following up on interviews;
- Being the first point of contact of the Company administrators;
- Assist HR administrators with the preparation of work permit / visa application (new applications & renewal) and liaising with Identity Malta as required;
- Perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Knowledge and experience
- Be proficient in written and verbal Maltese and English. Knowledge of the Italian language will be considered an asset.
- O’ level standard of education with a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience working in the Human Resources and payroll department.
- Knowledge of Indigo Payroll software will be given preference.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of the Maltese employment laws and regulations and experience in liaising with the respective authorities.
- Skills and attitude
- Be patient, diplomatic and approachable.
- Dedicated, having excellent communications skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Be highly organized.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Tumas Gaming – KMP-85158