Tumas Gaming operates the Casino Division within the Tumas Group. Since its humble origins in 1998, the Qawra Oracle Casino has expanded to include Portomaso Casino, which opened in June 2006. It is the only multi-casino operator on the island, featuring a wide variety of live gaming tables and slot machines. Tumas Gaming employs over 300 employees.
The Demi Chef de Partie is responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the kitchen section assigned to them. They supervise the work of the cooks and employees reporting to them. They are familiar with all policies and procedures of the department, F&B standards and principles, implements and maintains them.
Duties will include:
- Performance is satisfactory when you have successfully achieved the following minimum standards.
- Work closely together with the Sous Chef on the implementation of food control procedures;
- Constantly check on food supplies to ensure that they conform to the quality standards laid down by the hotel;
- Check daily all fridges and storerooms in your section, making sure all perishable items are in perfect condition. Take preventive action against loss whenever necessary.
- Try to fix all the problem in your section and to take an action in that and report to his sous chef in charge.
Always be with the guest and give them full explanation about all the food product, ingredients and if there is special case (e. vegetarian, allergic, gluten, etc.).
- Ensure that all staff follows our standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation according to the department / hotel standard;
- Be familiar with the menu and know the ingredients, portion size, method of cooking and time it takes to prepare each item on the menu;
- Constantly check prepared food for its taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Prepare, in co-operation with the sous-chef, daily food requisition according to the hotels policies, always being careful not to overstock;
- Ensure that your section is notified of all function bookings, and products required from other sections. Ensure that all last-minute changes are acknowledged by your section, and carried out.
- Make sure that all special requests to your section, whichever outlet they may come from, are attended to and carried out in the best and fastest way possible.
- After completion of your shift organize the ‘handing over’ to the following shift and give notice of your departure.
- Insist upon meticulous cleanliness and orderliness, and bring to the attention of the Sous Chef any situation where hygiene is below standard.
- To establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Assisting for ordering food items to the desired and required, quality and quantity.
- Regulate temperatures of ovens, grill and other cooking equipment.
- Maintain a high level of personal cleanliness.
- To deputize for the Chef de Partie in his absence.
- Ensure that all staff follows our standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation according to the department / hotel standard.
- Make sure all production quantities are met, but closely watch over all materials used with a view of eliminating waste and spoilage.
- In job training and cooking methods.
- Give the tasks and follow up with employee which report to them.
- Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
- Working closely with colleagues and other departments to build effective relations, to ensure a smooth and cost-efficient operation.
- Following the HACCP and grooming. Focus on that the kitchen and equipment are clean and store well.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Possess a passion for food and drink.
- Clear communication and a disciplined disposition.
- Have a good command of Maltese and English, whilst knowledge in other languages would be considered an asset.
- Have previous experience with a well-established, reputable restaurant.
- Certification from the Institute of tourism studies or equivalent.
- Ideally, be HACCP qualified though not mandatory
Tumas Gaming – KMP-61285