Tumas Gaming operates the Casino Division within the Tumas Group. Since its humble origins in 1998, the Qawra Oracle Casino has expanded to include Portomaso Casino, which opened in June 2006. It is the only multi-casino operator on the island, featuring a wide variety of live gaming tables and slot machines. Tumas Gaming employs over 300 employees.
The Commis Chef assists the Sous Chef or the Head Chef in the efficiency and profitability functioning of the kitchen-section assigned to them. They are familiar with all policies and procedures of the department, standards and principles, implements and maintains them.
Duties will include:
- To prepare and cook food to the defined standard.
- Wash and clean food preparation equipment, utensils and tools when required.
- To inform the Sous Chef of any wastage and to record this accordingly.
- To work and / or training in all sections of the kitchen.
- To always use the exact recipe and work within specific food costs. Wash, peel, chop, cut and cook food items.
- Cook food by a range of methods.
- Store food in temperature-controlled areas.
- To store all food items accordingly, checking quality and rotation.
- Should finish all the tasks which give to you.
- Always ask for anything to learn and write notes to be a guideline for you.
- Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
- Working closely with colleagues and other departments to build effective relations, to ensure a smooth and cost-efficient operation.
- Follow all the policy for grooming and clean less in all cooking area.
- The role is based in either Portomaso or Oracle Casino, but applicants may be asked to shift between casinos if the need arises.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Attention to detail.
- Good command of English.
- Good communication skills.
- Following HACCP to the letter.
- A neat and well-groomed appearance is to be presented always.
- Previous experience will be considered an asset.
Tumas Gaming – KMP-60095