Tumas Gaming operates the Casino Division within the Tumas Group. Since its humble origins in 1998, the Qawra Oracle Casino has expanded to include Portomaso Casino, which opened in June 2006. It is the only multi-casino operator on the island, featuring a wide variety of live gaming tables and slot machines. Tumas Gaming employs over 300 employees.
The Chef de Partie is responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the kitchen section assigned to them. They supervise the work of the Commis Chefs as well as Kitchen Porters and are therefore required to be familiar with all policies and procedures of the department, namely F&B standards, and principles.
Duties will include:
- To work closely with the Head Chef on the implementation of food control procedures.
- Ensure that food supplies conform to the company quality standards.
- Ensure that all perishable items are in perfect condition, taking preventive action against loss whenever necessary.
- To solve any issues in your section and report to Head Chef in charge.
- Always provide customers with full explanations about food products, namely allergens and special requirements.
- Adhering to standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation, as indicated by the chef.
- Be familiar with the menu, namely with the ingredients, portion size and method of cooking of each item.
- Constantly check prepared food for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Prepare, in co-operation with the Head Chef, daily food requisition as per Casino policies, careful not to overstock and reporting any items in low quantity.
- Ensure that section is notified of all function bookings and that all last-minute changes are acknowledged and catered for.
- After completion of shift, organize the ‘handing over’.
- Insist upon meticulous cleanliness, orderliness and bring to the attention of the Sous Chef any situation where hygiene is below standard.
- Regulate temperatures of ovens, grill and other cooking equipment.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Ensure that all staff follows standard recipes, methods of preparation and presentation according to the set casino standard.
- Make sure all production quantities are met, but closely watch over all materials used with a view of eliminating waste and spoilage.
- To lead and develop people in job training and cooking methods.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Following HACCP to the letter.
- Previous experience will be considered an asset but not necessary.
- All resumes will be handled with confidentiality.
Tumas Gaming – KMP-63865