Trust Payments have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriting Officer to join their team.
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe, we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first.
Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s ‘best companies to work for’ having been awarded a 1 star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement. Winning accolades in three other categories include being one of financial services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution.
The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech payments group.
The Underwriting Officer will be required to undertake underwriting of prospective as well as existing customers, assess the business model of applicants and conduct compliance and credit checks to ensure adherence to company and card scheme policies and regulations.
The role will be part of a team of underwriters, working closely with colleagues to ensure optimum customer service. The candidate will communicate with internal company departments, as well as management and offer assistance on risk-related matters.
- Conducting identity checks (KYC – Know Your Customer), AML, identifying and locating, credit score analysis and full product and website review
- Adhere to underwriting standards, company’s policies, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
- Conduct compliance and credit checks and analysis
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Reviewing legal documentation
- Ensure adherence to company and card schemes rules and policies
- Calculation of the financial risk exposure and the relevant risk mitigation measures
- Working closely with the Risk department to agree on risk and remittance terms for high-risk merchants
- Contribute to Process improvements and sharing best practice
- Foster strong partnerships with other teams such as the business relations team
- Analytical skills to identify and assess potential fraud and compliance issues
- Good working knowledge of compliance regulations
- Experience in financial credit risk assessment
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment and the ability to escalate when appropriate
- Efficiently and appropriately prioritize to ensure timely goal achievement
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Detailed oriented
- Analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Experience in credit
- Understanding of card schemes
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market-leading Fintech business
- Flexible homeworking
- Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
- Family-friendly enhanced benefits / policies
- Pension, healthcare, life assurance
- Social events and team building
Trust Payments – KMP-62484