Trust Payments have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriting Officer to join their team.
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present due to local guidelines, our Covid secure offices have still been open for people that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 100 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business.
We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Trust Payments (Malta) Limited trading as acquiring, has over the past years established itself as a trusted acquirer. Licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (‘MFSA’) to provide payments services across Europe.
As a principal member of Visa and MasterCard, acquiring can offer a truly end-to-end payment solution to merchants trading online. Ease of implementation and trusted advisory relationship management are at the heart of what acquiring.com can offer to its partners.
The Underwriting Officer will be required to undertake underwriting of prospective as well as existing customers, assess the business model of applicants and conduct compliance and credit checks to ensure adherence to company and card scheme policies and regulations.
The role will be part of a team of underwriters, working closely with colleagues to ensure optimum customer service. The candidate will communicate with internal company departments, as well as management and offer assistance on risk-related matters.
- Conducting identity checks (KYC – Know Your Customer), AML, identifying and locating, credit score analysis and full product and website review
- Adhere to underwriting standards, company’s policies, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
- Conduct compliance and credit checks and analysis
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Reviewing legal documentation
- Ensure adherence to company and card schemes rules and policies
- Calculation of the financial risk exposure and the relevant risk mitigation measures
- Working closely with the Risk department to agree on risk and remittance terms for high-risk merchants
- Contribute to process improvements and sharing best practice
- Foster strong partnerships with other teams such as the business relations team
- Analytical skills to identify and assess potential fraud and compliance issues
- Good working knowledge of compliance regulations
- Experience in financial credit risk assessment
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment and the ability to escalate when appropriate
- Efficiently and appropriately prioritize to ensure timely goal achievement
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Detailed oriented
- Analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Experience in credit
- Understanding of card schemes
Trust Payments – KMP-60037