Trust Payments have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join their team.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group.
The role of the Compliance Officer is to support the Compliance department and the organisation, in addressing the organisation’s compliance checks and queries, carrying out due diligence, risk assessments and compliance checks, and execution of strategies to prevent money laundering and combating finance terrorism.
- Assist the Compliance Manager and Head of Compliance Operations in compliance matters
- Responsible for the end-to-end process of the ongoing monitoring process, including compliance reports and Customer Due Diligence review report
- Responsible for the end-to-end acquiring agreements termination process
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, including card schemes rules
- Prevent merchants being maintained that create the risk of money laundering, financial terrorism, reputational damage, or sanction to the organisation
- Research and understand AML typologies and then apply the characteristics to interrogate transaction data to identify unusual activity
- Assist the Head of Compliance Operations in undertaking risk assessment and risk management, and determine the ML/FT risks, where applicable under the supervision of MLRO
- Assist in implementing a comprehensive and risk-based approach, an analysis of money laundering and terrorism financing risks across portfolio and operational exposed to the organisation
- Internal and external queries in relation to compliance matters, where applicable
- Responsible for escalating any findings and preparing compliance risk report
- Assist the Compliance Manager in developing, initiating, maintaining, revising, upholding and monitoring procedures in accordance with compliance processes
- Carry out investigations and periodic onsite visits (risk assessment) when necessary and required
- Degree (or equivalent) or comparable work experience required. Must have 1 to 2 years of relevant local working experience in a compliance role
- Broad and / or in-depth technical compliance knowledge in relation to AML/CFT
- Knowledge of regulations and procedures
- Experience in Banking and Financial Services industry, in particular in card schemes and other alternative payments, will be considered an asset
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills and problem-management skills
- The ability to escalate when appropriate
- Able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritise multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion with established timeframes
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication with the ability to explain complex requirements in a clear and concise way
- Developing, implementing, promoting and maintaining compliance standards and procedures that enable the organisation to act in a compliant manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Conscientious, reliable and hardworking and able to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills and a high standard of written / verbal communication are essential
- Attention to detail and diligence and assessing potential legal and compliance issues
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market-leading Fintech business
- Health and well-being ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
- Family-friendly enhanced benefits / policies
- Pension, healthcare, life assurance
- Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
During the recruitment process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially of any special adjustments required in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To submit your CV for this exciting Compliance Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Trust Payments – KMP-82387