We are currently seeking a Tool Maker to join our Tooling department (CNC Milling machines).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manual work on rubber / plastic moulds.
- Be able to operate 3-Axis / 5-Axis machine without supervision.
- Be able to interpret standard / complex tooling drawings.
- To manufacture complex components and moulds, both O-rings and gaskets with minor supervision.
- Ensures that all tools are manufactured in the most efficient way while respecting specified tolerances.
- Be able to follow and respect thoroughly the process of tooling manufacture.
- Be able to inspect and guarantee the quality of parts produced.
- Ensures that the CNC milling machine is utilized efficiently as much as possible.
- Liaise with the Manager to carry out the tasks effectively and according to the planning schedule.
- To assist within the toolroom area as indicated and when required.
- To have problem-solving skills and be able to go to the production area and assess problems related to our moulds or other ancillaries.
Qualifications / Skills
- National diploma (or equivalent) in Manufacturing / Operations and Maintenance or specialisation in several areas within Toolroom and / or have basic experience with tooling and their relative service needs.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of CAD and CAM software will be an asset.
- Skill in root cause analysis and problem-solving.
- Team player with stature, drive, and persuasive skills to secure a cohesive approach to customers.
- Collaborative and able to optimize different agendas, this person will have excellent motivational, communication and presentation skills.
- Great attendance, a positive attitude, and the ability to work under pressure.
Trelleborg Malta – KMP-86876