We are looking for a Junior Desktop Support Engineer to provide technical assistance to our clients. You will help install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
If you’re computer-savvy and enjoy supporting end users, we’d like to meet you. To succeed in this role, you should have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. You should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques.
Ultimately, you will ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase client satisfaction.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows / Linux / Mac OS environments. Linux and Mac OS will be considered as an additional benefit
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- BSc in Computer Science or other accredited technical accreditation (Microsoft, Cisco, HP, etc.) will be considered an asset
- Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory
A competitive and flexible package is being offered and will be commensurate with abilities.
Total IT Solutions – KMP-78902