We are Tipico, the leading sports betting provider in Germany and one of the most exciting tech companies in the industry. We are fueled by our passion for the perfect product, using the newest tech stack to make advances every single day. Our culture is bursting with energy and ambition where we generate intense moments of Spannung, thriving through our values of Trust, Progress, and Passion. We push the limits of what’s possible because we believe that when adrenaline meets progress, awesome things happen.
Being a market leader means we always need to stay ahead. As a Data Engineer (m/f/x), you will be part of our strategic data team pioneering artificial intelligence concepts and cutting-edge data warehousing techniques, processing millions of transactions every day in low latency. At Tipico, we process terabytes of data every day, related to all areas of the business – such as bookmaking data, web analytics, CRM data, and much more.
Are you ready to turn up the power and bring the thrill of Spannung into your working life? Then show us your game face – because we’re looking for a Data Engineer (m/f/x) to join the team!
Your playing field
- You will create and maintain both batch (ETL) and real-time data pipelines and architecture.
- We are continuously becoming more data-driven – you will assemble large and complex data sets that meet our functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Innovation drives us and we are continuously reinventing ourselves. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- You’re involved in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Our focus is on gaining insights that will change the way we look at sports betting, the tools you will build will provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders including data architects, Executives, Product, Data, and IT team members from the beginning to the delivery of your projects.
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
- 3 years of work experience. That is relevant for us and this position.
- Cloud data services. Such as AWS services as S3, Athena, EC2, RedShift, EMR, and Lambda.
- Large-scale production databases and SQL.
- Time-series / analytics databases. Such as Elasticsearch.
- ETL. Experience with ETL development (extractions, data load, aggregation, Talend, etc.).
- Big Data. You have worked with or are familiar with big data technologies such as Hadoop, NIFI, Kafka, Spark, and Hudi. Docker / Kubernetes.
- You have familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker / Kubernetes.
- Strong analytics skills and the ability to innovate. We need you to come up with the best solutions for us that will push us forward.
- Fast learner. Working in a fast-paced environment requires us to learn new and complex concepts and be resourceful!
- Collaborative. Share your ideas! We want you to engage in our interactive discussions within our team and clearly communicate technical concepts.
This is how we score with you:
- Established international group. We have a solid foundation on which to grow.
- Personal and professional growth. We offer you opportunities to develop and grow to unlock your potential.
- Relocation support. To make your move to Malta as smooth as possible.
- Competitive package. We care for our employees, offering an indefinite contract, competitive salary, insurances (private health, dental, private accident, sickness, and life), and free parking.
- Sports incentive. We love sports so we subsidize your membership to keep you active.
- Modern offices. Our very own Tipico tower provides an open-plan space with the latest technology.
- Events. Sponsored Charity and Team gatherings, we like to have fun together as one team and reinforce our connections.
- Supportive environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team, but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us.
Think a career at Tipico is right for you?
We look forward to your application!
Tipico – KMP-86653