The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection is an exciting extension of the Ritz-Carlton brand – redefining ultra-luxury hospitality at sea. As a ‘Lady or Gentleman’ of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, your role will be to ensure that the ‘Gold Standards’ of The Ritz-Carlton are delivered graciously and thoughtfully every day.
The Gold Standards are the foundation of The Ritz-Carlton. It is our philosophy and the standards which set us apart in our industry. This philosophy has earned The Ritz Carlton an enviable reputation as a global brand leader in instilling the very highest company values and culture across the organization. The Gold Standards are at the heart of that culture and consist of the following elements:
- The Credo.
- Three Steps of Service.
- Service Values.
- The 6th Diamond.
- The Employee Promise.
The Ritz-Carlton is a place where the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission. We pledge to provide the finest personal services and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambience.
The Ritz-Carlton experience enlivens the senses, instils well-being, and fulfils even the unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
Service at The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection is an extension of The Ritz-Carlton motto – ‘We are Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen.’
This motto exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection experience will be creating exceptional meaningful journeys that will redefine luxury at sea. With unparalleled hospitality that begins the second a guest reserves an experience, the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will deliver a level of service that has no equal, providing guests with gracious anticipated hospitality throughout every moment of their stay.
Three Steps of Service
- A warm and sincere greeting. Use the guest’s name.
- Anticipation and fulfilment of each guest’s needs.
- Fond farewell. Give a warm good-bye and use the guest’s name.
Our Service Values
- Build strong relationships and create Ritz-Carlton guests for life.
- Always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
- Empowered to create unique, memorable and personal experiences for our guests.
- Understand my role in achieving the key success factors, embracing community footprints and creating The Ritz-Carlton mystique.
- Continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve The Ritz-Carlton experience.
- Own and immediately resolve guest problems.
- Create a work environment of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs of our guests and each other are met.
- Have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
- Involved in the planning of the work that affects me.
- Proud of my professional appearance, language and behaviour.
- Protect the privacy and security of our guests, my fellow employees and the company’s confidential information and assets.
- Responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and creating a safe and accident-free environment.
The Sixth Diamond
- Emotional engagement.
The Employee Promise
At The Ritz-Carlton, our ladies and gentlemen are the most important resource in our service commitment to our guests. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
The Ritz-Carlton fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced, individual aspirations are fulfilled, and the Ritz-Carlton mystique is strengthened.
We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
The Personal Travel Professional is the first point of contact at the Reservation Services department. The individual will provide a world-class luxury guest experience and will prepare enquiries that relate to the cruise, air, The Shore Collection, pre-and post-hotels, transfers, private jets and more. In this role, you will be a ‘product of the product’ and they will be a confident and organized individual. The Yacht Concierge will build relationships from the first contact to the moment the guest returns from the cruise. The role includes connecting with guests that have requested more information about the product and converting enquires into revenue for the company. The individual will embrace our company values and will maintain strong working ethics to always deliver exceptional guest service. This is a consumer sales position eligible for incentives.
- Delivers outstanding guest service by connecting, promoting, and building rapport with guests through outbound calls, email, and webchat with the aim to create a ‘guest for life’ and promote The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
Process final payment, promote additional products such as The Ritz-Carlton Spa, The Shore Collection, Air, hotel, luggage assistance and Bonvoy redemption points.
- Engage and process leads within the set timescale and company service level agreement.
- Service our guest through every aspect of the reservations with the ability to identify guest needs and expectations.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with new and existing guests.
- Highly goal-driven and has the ability to exceed set key performance indicators.
- Proactively and consistently seeks opportunities to promote and sell The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection products based on guest travel history.
- Acquires in-depth luxury cruise industry and company knowledge to articulate cruise product features, benefits, pricing, and make recommendations of itineraries.
- Attends and actively participates in daily team meetings and training to enhance knowledge of internal processes, product, and destinations.
- Maintain courteous and professional telephone etiquette at all times.
- Provide overflow support for inbound calls / chats (when required).
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to all aspect of job functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Minimum of a 2-year college degree or 3 years of experience equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 2-years of customer service and sales experience required, ideally from a luxury cruise background.
- Must commit to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Maintain positive, pleasant behaviour while engaging customers and colleagues.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and understand policies and procedures in order to make reservations and assist callers with each aspect of the booking process.
- Maintain a strong desire to learn all aspects of the product including land, air, hotel and shore excursions to effectively sell and service each reservation.
- Maximize opportunities to increase sales revenue by offering additional amenities and ancillary products.
- Ability to follow our exclusive RCYC sales process.
- Willingness to adhere to company policy and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to adhere to strict attendance policy including scheduled work shift, lunch / break adherence, attendance and punctuality.
- Convey information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to learn and utilize the reservations system.
Works in a typical office environment with quiet-to-moderate noise generated by a computer printer, fax machine and light traffic.
- A dedicated home office used solely by the employee.
- A desk with proper working space in a room that is free from loud and / or background noise that could be heard by guests on the phone.
- A noise-free space without televisions, pets, infants, small children, or other influences that would impact the interaction with guests or the participation in meetings.
- In-home electrical power and power bar or surge protector to allow equipment to function properly.
- 100Mbps download / 50Mbps upload minimum internet service.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, and reaching. May require lifting or pushing up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone, and other office equipment.
Expected Hours of Work
- Full time (40-hour workweek).
- Hours are shift-based.
- Flexible to work weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection – KMP-59092