Besides, being a historical 5-star gem, a cherished national treasure, and a beloved local landmark, The Phoenicia has been attracting stars, socialites and the crowned heads of Europe for 75 years. Our guests and employees are our very own ‘stars’, our pride and joy.
Our commitment to work is the fruit of a unique collaboration and a truly professional philosophy. We are all about giving a beautiful part of ourselves in each aspect of our thriving hotel operations. We promise you, that it will be a seriously enriching growth experience. A career you will always be proud of.
Discover more, today.
We are looking for an energetic and charismatic person who will assist the Sales and Events team in maximizing hotel revenue and profitability through banqueting, events and wedding sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the Sales and Events team on a daily basis
- Maintains and updates the Opera S&C system by entering customer / client / event data
- Assist and follow up on potential inquiries as necessary promptly, efficiently, and professionally
- Supports and manages local in-house events
- Ensures the effective running of the sales and events office from a logistics perspective
- Coordinate the database for newsletters / mailings
- Issuing and re-issuing function sheets with correct / updated information
- Ensuring setup and signage are prepared correctly for each event
- Making phone calls to follow up on emails
- Attending events / operations meetings to represent the Sales and Events team
- Compiling event proposals
- Directing feedback from customers to relevant departments
- Supporting the Sales and Events team with other administrative tasks, if requested
- Strong computer skills including all aspects of MS Office with an emphasis on database management and Excel
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational skills
- Strong admin skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems in a quick and timely manner and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in a written or oral form
- Excellent English and Maltese written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in an organised fashion and on own initiative
- Knowledge of Opera sales and catering will be considered an asset
The Phoenicia Malta – KMP-75879