We are currently seeking an Administrator (Finance and Human Resources) to join our team.
Overall Purpose of Position
The Administrator (Finance and Human Resources) is responsible for providing administrative support on and for the efficient and effective coordination of the Foundation in relation to Finance, Human Resources, EU and grant financing, generation of revenue streams and administration.
- Plans and objectives
- Assists in the design of a three-year business plan for Finance, HR and Administration.
- Works with the Office Manager in the identification and subsequent implementation of Key Performance Indicators and Key Performance Targets concerning Finance, HR and Administration.
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated may design, organise and review all the operations and procedures relating to finance, HR and administration.
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated to ensure compliance with the established legislation, policies and procedures and escalates any inconsistencies as appropriate.
- Provides advice, guidance, direction and mentoring with regard to staff assigned.
- Coaches and mentors staff as appropriate.
- Assists in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the Foundation’s financial goals and objectives.
- Ensures adequate financial controls are installed and monitored.
- Assists in the preparation and interpretation of Management Accounts.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the annual Business and Financial plan.
- Analyses and reviews budgetary and financial data and controls and authorises expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Ensures adequate cash flow to meet the organisation’s needs.
- Human Resources
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated may, monitors the operation of the performance management system.
- Assists in the research and analysis of skills and competencies gaps at the Foundation.
- Assists in the drawing up and implementation of a training and learning needs analysis and framework for existing employees at the Foundation.
- Administers the Foundation’s recruitment and selection process.
- Supervises and monitors all employment contracts and ensures compliance with local employment legislation.
- Administers sick leave, vacation leave, maternity leave, paternal leave and all other statutory rights to which employees are entitled.
- Administers a grievance procedure and equal opportunities procedure.
- Assists in the organisation of team-building activities.
- Draws up and implements correspondence procedures, whether manual or electronic.
- Administers supplies of goods and services for the Foundation.
- Assists in the preparation, issuance and adjudication of contracts / tenders including contract notice and calls, specifications, contract terms and evaluation criteria.
- Grants and EU Financial Instruments
- Ensures that grants and EU financing instruments are managed according to regulations.
- Ensures that all records relating to grants and EU financing instruments are kept according to regulations.
- Keeps up to date with new trends, methodologies, legislation and regulations concerning finance, HR, procurement, and funding instruments.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned by the Office Manager.
- Receives direction from the Office Manager, especially on sensitive or contentious issues.
- Works outside office hours to meet deadlines.
Qualifications and experience required
Applicants for this position must:
- (i) Be able to communicate in both Maltese and English to the benefit of the service user.
- (ii) Be in possession of a recognised diploma at MQF Level 5 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVETS credits or equivalent*) Accountancy, Business Management, Business Administration, Management or Public Management or Work and Human Resource Management.
*A recognised qualification comparable to 60 ECTS/ECVET credits, as applicable is only accepted subject to an MQRIC formal recognition statement being submitted with the application.
Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements.
The Malta Foundation for the Wellbeing of Society – KMP-86431