We are currently seeking an Assistant Purchasing Manager to join our team.
The main position responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all shipping activities of spare parts, consumables, merchandising materials, company stationery and uniforms are coordinated with the Shipping Officer.
- Recommend changes in procurement policies and improvements in overall operations to the Purchasing and Stores Manager.
- Ensure that during order scheduling, constraints like warehouse space limitations, the arrival of other deliveries and the loading of warehouses, are taken into consideration.
- Assist the Purchasing and Stores Manager in the preparation of the departmental budget and assist in the formulation of company business plans and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years minimum in a supply chain environment.
- Driving license B.
- Good computer skills (excel, word, outlook and PowerPoint).
- Good communication skills (email, telephone).
- Very good mathematical skills.
- Good networking skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in SAP.
- Experience in shipping.
- Fluency in English and Maltese.
The General Soft Drinks Co. Limited – KMP-77684