The BioArte Ltd, based at the Life Science Park in San Gwann, is developing diagnostic procedures for different conditions based on genomic and proteomic approaches. The company invested in state of art equipment and laboratories in 2020.
We are the first group in Malta that is able to provide a molecular characterisation service of the human microbiota of various body sites (skin, nasopharynx, intestines) through an innovative, patented, and easy to interpret analysis method.
Our mission is to provide state of the art diagnostic tools in Malta for every clinic, doctor or hospitals and provide results as soon as possible.
We are looking for Medical Laboratory scientists fully licenced in Malta on a full-time basis or part-time basis.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Follow, develop and implement advanced diagnostic procedures in the Immunoassay field (Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology) and genetic field (sequencing included).
- DNA / RNA extraction with manual kits and / or robotic equipment like King Fisher.
- Handle patient registration forms in LIMS software.
- Handling of biological samples in a BLS2 environment.
- Acquisition, installation / validation and training on necessary instrumentation and software to support molecular diagnostics and NGS assay development.
- Follow training for Nanopore and Illumina sequencing equipment activities.
- Writing and updating of relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Following established SOPs for the preventive maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Following quality management system protocols of documentation and record keeping, including but not limited to validation / verification and test reports, inventory management, Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) and Certificates of Analysis (COA’s).
- Preparation of weekly reports for the Director or Lab Head.
- Following quality management system protocols of documentation and record keeping and the data management policy of the company.
- Support the Quality System of the company under the guidance of the Quality Manager.
- Follow ISO and GLP standards.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist licence valid in Malta.
- Permitted to work in the European Union and Malta.
- Full English proficiency.
The BioArte – KMP-64245