About the Tech.mt Foundation
Tech.mt Foundation was established between the Government of Malta and the Malta Chamber of Commerce to promote the National Strategy for Technology and Innovation. The objectives of the foundation are to promote Malta as a technology hub, grow the sector both locally and abroad, attract FDI, assist tech companies in internationalisation, attract international conferences to Malta, position Malta as an attractive working location, work closely with local and foreign education institutions to provide the sector with the skills required, promote innovative technologies such as blockchain, cloud, IOT, AI, DLT, regulatory technology, Big Data analytics and Machine learning.
The Manager in Grade 3 will be expected to apply an acquired list of duties carried out at Tech.mt.
These include and are not limited to:
- Reporting to the CEO or to any other official to whom the CEO’s authority is delegated, will be required to assist in the execution of strategy mandated by the Board;
- Providing support to the senior manager in managing PR & Marketing plan of Tech.mt;
- Carrying out supervision duties and training of staff working within the branch of activity;
- Managing all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department;
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives and Co-ordinating marketing campaigns in line with this strategy;
- Overseeing the company’s marketing budget;
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans together with Planning and implementing promotional campaigns;
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity;
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns following distribution of such material, monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications;
- Creating a wide range of different marketing materials including working closely with design agencies and assisting with new campaigns and ideas;
- Maintaining effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives;
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing;
- Assisting in coordination activities with other branches within Tech.mt and other entities falling within the same Ministry;
- Duties relating to exchanges of information internally and externally where approved or allowable by GDPR regulations;
- Participating in meetings with local stakeholders to assist and promoting the technology sector and Malta as a technology hub of choice;
- Providing assistance in bilateral international meetings including negotiations to attract foreign direct investment;
- Participating in international fora including meetings organised by global tech bodies;
- Drafting, interpretation and translation of instruments applicable to the tech sector including but not limited to applications for funding for projects related to the sector;
- Provide technical assistance to taxpayers’ queries in relation to the tech sector.
Furthermore s/he will be expected to assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or by any other official to whom the CEO’s authority is delegated. Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of Tech.mt.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a University of Malta Degree in Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)* or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level; and four (4) years prior work experience in the area/s of Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; or
- Consideration will also be given to Candidates with a Diploma in Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; at NQF Level 5 or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study and five (5) years prior work experience in the field/s of Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology; or
- Candidates who at least possess seven (7) years’ experience in the field/s of Marketing & PR; or Communications; or Business & Entrepreneurship; or Information Technology.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview.
Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on http://www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
Tech.mt will disregard any C.V.s and covering letters received after the deadline. Candidates should assess and check before submitting their information whether they fulfill all the requirements as specified in this Vacancy notice, particularly in terms of qualifications and relevant professional experience. Tech.mt reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the candidates.
Tech.mt – KMP-55358