An exciting opportunity exists to join a dynamic, multi-national aviation focused group of companies for a 6-month maternity cover contract commencing June 2021.
The SUM Aviation Group owns and operates several diverse but related aviation businesses in Europe. Among them is our EASA Part 145 company Bravo Aircraft Technical Services Limited (BATS). BATS is an EASA Part 145 aircraft maintenance organisation focused on providing customers with a round-the-clock range of customised, comprehensive line maintenance solutions to support all their operational needs.
BATS is in a dynamic process of development and the position of Finance Executive is a key role within the organisation. This is a part-time role (circa 20 hours weekly) and will be based in Malta.
This role would suit an individual who is training to become an Accountant. There may be an opportunity to continue working with the organisation once the maternity cover ceases.
Working closely with rest of the Finance team, the Finance Executive will gain exposure in the following areas:
- Obtaining approvals for and posting accounts payable invoices
- Liaising with creditors
- Reconciling creditor accounts
- Preparing payment runs
- Posting sales invoices
- Liaising with and chasing debtors
- Reconciling debtor accounts
- Sending out debtor statements
- Posting bank transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations (e.g. maintaining supporting sheet for accruals, prepayments)
- Assisting with audit requests for Maltese entities and Maltese quarterly VAT reporting
- Other tasks, as required to assist the Finance team
- Assisting with audit requests for Irish entities and Irish bi-monthly VAT reporting
- Assisting with BATS engineering / planning on MRX, their engineering software system
- Given the importance of the Finance Executive role, the candidate must meet the following personal requirements
- Demonstrate the following competencies: flexibility, initiative, effective teamwork, effective communication
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Possess sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel
- A flexible team player, highly committed and self-motivated with good business acumen
- Be highly organised and efficient
- Be able to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Fluent in English
Preferable, but not essential requirements
- Experience using Sage Evolution
- Hold / studying for an accounting qualification
SUM Aviation Group – KMP-59306