STM Malta is part of STM Group Plc, a company listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange, with trading offices in the United Kingdom, Gibraltar, Malta and Spain and satellite offices in South Africa and Australia.
This is an opportunity for an aspiring HR professional to form part and lead a dynamic management team in a growing company. The HR Executive will report to the Finance Director and will work together with the head of departments to achieve the HR strategic goals and taking responsibility for day to day HR matters as required.
- Ensure that existing HR policies and procedures are kept updated to ensure compliance with local legislation;
- Gather all the necessary data to benchmark salaries and benefit packages and make recommendations as appropriate;
- Coordinate the recruitment and termination processes, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and executing all relevant documentation, including ETC record keeping and updating of payroll data;
- Coordinate employee orientation, development, and training;
- Manage the performance and reward programme;
- Coach and guide members of staff on work matters whilst assisting managers in resolving employee complaints and conflicts;
- Manage and undertake investigations regarding disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with Senior Management;
- Maintain and update personnel records on matters such as employment history, leave, sick leave, performance appraisals, training and salary;
- Act as the health and safety Officer;
- General office management and maintaining the relationship with the lessor;
- Keep up to date with all employment legislation and regulation and update directors as necessary;
- Representing the company on HR matters where necessary;
- And administrative support tasks as necessary;
- Promoting corporate social responsibility;
- Ensuring the effective functioning of the social committee;
- Any other ad hoc tasks.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in Human Resources, Psychology or a relevant field, coupled by a minimum of two years’ experience in an HR role;
- Updated knowledge of Maltese labour-related laws, regulations, ETC processes and industry trends;
- Experience in the computation of payroll;
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills, able to obtain information ethically and able to relationship managers and employees in all levels of business;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and other software packages.
The company will offer an attractive remuneration package to the right candidate with an opportunity to work for a company which is the market leader within the industry. Other benefits will include health insurance, parking space in a garage and a weekly week of 37.5 hours if on a full-time basis.
STM Malta Pension Services Ltd – KMP-63883