Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritises agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognised as one of the world’s leading accountable care organisations.
Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
Steward Health Care Malta is looking to recruit a motivated individual to form part of its Finance and Accounts team in Gozo. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of Gozo General Hospital, the successful candidate will be dealing with a wide range of accounting duties in the analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports; whilst supervising a team of accounts clerks.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Performing day-to-day book-keeping tasks, including the update of accounting records, journal entries and accounts analysis
- Maintaining the creditor ledger / debtor ledger, and related duties
- Being responsible for the petty cash imprest system
- Assisting in general stock takes and recording of stock issues
- Computation of accruals and prepayments
- Assisting with month-end procedures and the compilation of management accounts
- Carry out bank reconciliations
- Compiling cost control reports
- Updating of fixed asset register / reconciliations and tagging of fixed assets
- Supervising and mentoring accounts clerks
- Assisting in the compilation of budgets and forecasts for the company
- Any other tasks which the Chief Financial Officer may from time to time request
The successful candidate shall:
- Hold an advanced level of education, with a grade C or better pass in Accounting, or AAT qualification or the equivalent
- Have 1+ years’ relevant work experience
- Be able to work independently with minimum supervision while being a good team player
- Be computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel, Outlook and Word
- Be organised and reliable with attention to detail
- Be able to handle multiple tasks
- Be creative and have strong organisational skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication
- Be positive with a ‘make it work’ attitude
Candidates who are in the early stages of their ACCA (or the equivalent) are also eligible to submit an application.
Steward Malta – KMP-41639