We are recruiting a full-time Supply Chain Officer to join our dynamic health care team at Karin Grech Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing day-to-day procurement processes to ensure that management objectives vis a vis procurement and supply chain are carried out efficiently and in the ultimate best interest of management.
- Ensuring that the mission statement of Procurement and Supply Chain – the right product at the right price at the right time to the right person, is embodied in the day-to-day work of the procurement team at the hospital.
- Assisting in communication with suppliers as required.
- Assisting in contract management duties as required.
- Following up on warranty issues and giving feedback to suppliers on the quality of service as needed.
- Monitoring and supervising correct use of procurement’s IT systems and data management systems.
- Liaising with any main internal or external warehouse locations in Malta / Gozo and any logistics partners the company may see fit to use.
- Liaising with Management and giving inputs on the daily functions of the procurement team at the hospital to ensure that efficiencies are improved where possible, and that personnel are liaising between themselves and with their respective supervisors efficiently.
- Looking to the current procedures and functions at the hospital as a base for improvement and continuously seeking ways to improve the stores’ daily operations.
- Liaising with Store Management to implement strategic objectives as desired by Management.
- Training staff as required.
- Preserving records and preparing and collating data for related reports.
- Performing any further tasks as may be assigned from time to time by senior management and in line with the exigencies of the service.
The selected candidate should have:
- Preferably an MQF level 4 or higher in business or similar.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications, ideally ECDL.
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages..
- Work experience and knowledge
- 3+ years in a similar position.
- Work requirements
- Sharing workload where needed and being able to prioritise productivity and flexibility also in relation to working hours and presence in the workplace.
Steward Health Care Malta – KMP-78948