We are recruiting a full-time Learning and Development Specialist to join our dynamic healthcare team at Corporate Offices.
Main duties and responsibilities include
- To assist the HR Business Partner and to act as a point of reference / adviser to hospital employees and the Management team on the whole range of HR activities including Data Management, Promotions and Progressions, Resourcing, Assessment and Selection, Learning and Development and Change Management;
- To understand the organisation’s mandatory training requirements and be responsible for the organisation and coordination of the delivery of mandatory training programmes;
- To work with the HRBP to identify learning and development needs and recommend learning and development solutions within the organisation;
- To support the HRBP in communicating with internal and external subject matter experts to deliver learning and development solutions across the organisation;
- To support the HRBP in designing learning and development and team building initiatives for employees in line with the organisation’s learning and development strategy;
- To deliver and facilitate learning and development and team building initiatives to employees working across the organisation;
- Be responsible for communication with Managers and employees with regard to mandatory training programmes and other learning and development initiative announcements;
- Coordinate with the rest of the team and other departments the learning and development initiative logistics, including the preparation of learning and development material, facilities, equipment and refreshments, to ensure the smooth running of the scheduled programmes;
- To liaise with the IT department to deliver online / self-paced learning and development programmes as required;
- To collect feedback about learning and development initiatives from participants, record and report it and come up with ways of improving learning and development initiatives where required;
- To ensure continuity of the service of the HR department and contribute to the improvement of the service through suggesting ways of improvement in all areas of HR and new initiatives;
- To keep up to date with the HR Administration including employee records and learning and development initiative records and to submit learning and development initiative reports to the HRBP periodically;
- To foster a culture that gives emphasis to learning and development;
- To be involved in the development of standard operating procedures for internal HR processes including business continuity;
- To build and maintain an excellent and trustworthy working relationship with the Hospital’s Management team;
- To support the HR Business Partner in the implementation of HR initiatives and changes including any implemented IT systems;
- Keeping abreast of the latest learning and development trends, products and approaches;
- To project a professional image of the HR Function through excellent customer service, operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Any other HR-related duties as may be required by higher management.
The selected candidate should have the following
- MQF level 5 or higher in a related field;
- Knowledge of employment law and GDPR would be considered an asset;
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
- Work experience and knowledge
- 1+ years in an HR administration position or similar.
- Other requirements
- Self-motivated, driven with a positive can-do attitude and influential;
- Confident in both written and spoken communication skills with ability to present to an audience;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Maltese;
- Computer literate;
- Creative mindset;
- Organisation and time management skills;
- Be people-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Steward Health Care Malta – KMP-78457