Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that priorities agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognised as one of the world’s leading accountable care organisations. Steward Health Care Malta runs 3 hospitals across the Maltese Islands: Karin Grech Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital, and Gozo General Hospital.
We are recruiting a Human Resources Business Partner to join our Corporate team in Malta.
The Human Resource (HR) Business Partner is a key stakeholder for people managers and employees across the organisation and plays a very important role in delivering the implementation of the people plan in line with the Company’s strategic goals.
The main responsibilities of the HR Business Partner include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, promoting and embedding the HR vision, policies and processes (including detailed sops) across the organisation through proactive interaction with the hospital leaders and training;
- Projecting a professional image of the HR function through excellent customer service, operational effectiveness and efficiency and ensuring that set kpis are achieved in a timely manner;
- Acting as point of reference / advisor to the Hospital’s HR teams and individual employees on the whole range of day-to-day HR issues;
- Building and maintaining relationships with hospital managers to identify opportunities for improvements including but not limited to training and development, performance management, remuneration plans and rewards and recognition schemes;
- Participating in / leading the employee recruitment process, including the development of job descriptions, adverts and the management of recruitment agencies;
- Monitoring the resourcing plan of the individual hospitals, identifying issues and ensuring any remedial action is effectively implemented;
- Actively participating in and leading the implementation of business changes and initiatives that have an impact on employees ensuring adherence to legal and contractual obligations and that colleagues are treated with dignity and respect throughout;
- Developing a good understanding of the HR related GDPR requirements and assist the Director of HR in ensuring compliance throughout the hospitals;
- Understanding HR information systems and reporting needs and take the lead during the implementation of such system;
- Supporting the Director of HR in the efficient and effective day-to-day management of the Human Resources department across all hospitals;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to achieve HR related targets.
Eligible candidates should:
- Have proven work experience as an HR Manager or HR Business Partner in a large organisation employing more than 500 employees;
- Ideally have previous experience in the health care industry and former experience in the public service will be considered an asset;
- Possess excellent people management and negotiation skills;
- Be EIRA knowledgeable and ideally have previous experience working with the PSMC;
- Fully understand all HR functions including training and development;
- Be in possession of a bsc degree in Human Resources or a related field;
- Have the ability to communicate well in both Maltese and English (written and spoken);
- Demonstrate proven work experience in HR plans and budgets;
- Have a strategic approach towards HR and a can-do attitude.
Steward Health Care Malta – KMP-47100